Bella's Age

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Visit to South Carolina

So this weekend Fran, Bella and I headed down to South Carolina. We had originally planned to go down this weekend, but we didn't think we were going to make it as Fran was busy at work. However, on Friday afternoon we decided we would make the trip! We left about 8:30 Friday night, haha! So Saturday we had some fun adult time. Papa had Bella during the day and Mimi had her that night. Fran played in a USC Letterman's golf tournament while me and the ladies went to Tag It and had some wine and painted a palmetto tree picture. The pictures turned out great and the guys seemed to have a blast playing golf. Later that day we met back up and all enjoyed some Doc's BBQ at the stadium. After everyone regrouped later that evening we went out on the town. It has been a while since I have been out in Columbia, so it was a nice treat. It was so nice to catch up with friends we haven't seen in a long time.

Bella enjoyed spending time with her Papa. I think her cousin Elizabeth had the most fun with her at Papa's. Elizabeth kept telling me when I first got there to "go back to Washington, I will take care of Bella." It was so cute! After she left Papa's house, she went and spent the evening with Mimi, Aunt Kay and some more of her cousins. Apparently she was very entertained by her cousins! They all went for a walk and helped bathe her that night.

On Sunday Bella got to spend some time with her Uncle Petey. She loves her some Uncle Petey. She also got some time with 2 of her favorite girls, Patsy and Ashley. Bella secretly was telling Hampton (who is in Ashley's belly at the moment), she can't wait to meet him and play soon!

After a short, but great weekend, we packed up the car and drove back home to DC. We were very tired but are so glad we made it down to SC. Of course all I wanted to do when we got back was go to sleep, but I had to stay up to see what the President had to say. I am so glad I stayed up. I was in shock when I first heard what happened, I just didn't think it was possible. I am so proud of our military, intelligence teams, and our administration. It is great to be an American! The world is a better place without Bin Laden. I am glad that Bella is too young to know of this horrible man. Hope everyone has a great week!!

Getting dressed for my Saturday in SC!

Playing with my cousin Whitney!

Cousin Elizabeth giving me a kiss!

Me and the girls with our paintings!

All the girls at Liberty

Loving on her Uncle Petey

Cuddling with Patsy and Ashley (and Hampton)! Bella can't wait to meet Hampton!

No comments:

Post a Comment