Bella's Age

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 23, 2011

DC Baby Shower

So thanks to my family, my cousin Melissa, my Aunt Frances and one of my best friends, Emily, I was able to have another shower in Virginia for all of my friends and family in the area! A special thanks to my mom, my cousin Tina, my cousin Claire, Aunt Kay and Aunt Frances who made the trip up from SC to be here for the shower! Melissa hosted the shower at her home and it was so beautiful! Her house is already so beautifuly decorated and then she pulled out all her fine china and silver for the occasion. The menu was all Southern Food, which I miss, because it is hard to find in DC, so it was perfect!! We had shrimp and grits, fried chicken, cheese biscuits, peach cobbler and sweet tea, just to mention a few of the items! And this food was all HOMEADE! I keep telling Melissa and Aunt Frances they should start their own catering business! It had snowed that night and morning, so I was worried some people wouldn't make it, but we had a GREAT turnout! Fran's family from PA was able to drive down, which was awesome and most of my friends and family in the area were able to make it as well. After we ate all the delicious food, we played a game thanks to Emily. The object of the game was to match celebrity baby names with their parents. I thought I was going to be sooo good at this game, but boy was I wrong. I mean I knew all the major ones like Suri Cruise, Brooklyn Beckham, Harlow Madden, etc...but there were some crazy ones on there that I had never heard of, nor would I ever think a parent could name their child some of these names. It was fun! We then opened gifts and had more food. Again, Fran, Bella and I are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family. We love you all! Here are some pics from that day:

Mom and I before shower
My college friends...who all live in the area, which is awesome!

My mother-in-law and sweet aunts that drove from PA!

Opening all the fun gifts!

Everyone enjoying the yummy food!

Bella and I before shower...notice the yummy strawberry tree!

2 of my fabulous sister-in-laws!

The beautiful spread!!








No comments:

Post a Comment